EVOLVET Erasmus +
EVOLVET (European Volunteer coordinators Vocation Education and Training) is a European strategic partnership composed by seven organisations working with development projects for social inclusion and education from Austria, Finland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain.
The project aims at giving a positive impulsion to the training of volunteer coordinators by providing a standardized tool-kit containing on-the-job training materials for skills and competences commonly demanded to volunteer coordinators across Europe, not only for the management of development projects but also on the concrete education and training of the volunteers taking part on them. During the two-year project duration, partner organizations will work on exchanging information and materials about their current on-the-job training practices for their professional volunteer coordinators as well as carrying out on-the-field research of the skills and competences commonly demanded to volunteer coordinators across Europe.
Partners will then use the collected information and materials to create a standardised tool-kit containing on-the-job training materials for skills and competences commonly demanded to volunteer coordinators in development organisations across Europe, that will be tested on the different partner countries in order to ensure its quality and improve it using real volunteer coordinators working on development organisations. Moreover, the project will also run transnational training mobilities that will make possible to volunteer coordinators from the different partner organisations to take part in common education initiatives about volunteers management embedded within the activities of the project.
The creation of such standard pan- European training materials for professional volunteer coordinators will directly contribute to improve the transparency and recognition of their qualifications and competences using also already established systems based on measurable recognitions (Ex. ECVET) at transnational level, including those acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning.
Furthermore, the project will aim to identify the skills required by professional volunteer coordinators on development organisations, what will make possible to compose an standard curriculum of competences for this professional category that could be use afterwards for both, vocational education and training centers (to develop new learning pathways, methodologies and degrees) and organisations working with projects for local and international development (to detect which competences should be reinforced on their teams and detect those skills needed for future recruitments).
According to all of this, EVOLVET is not only an innovative project which main objective is to develop new materials and improve the situation of those professionals working as volunteer coordinators on the development field, but also a necessary initiative to facilitate the transitions of those learning on social education and training centers offering NGOs coordination and management degrees, and the real labor market that will wait them after their graduation.
Besides all of this, the project also aims to create new links between organisations of different countries and sectors working on the same field (local and international development of communities) that could make possible to reinforce the transnational structures of communication and sources to support projects on this field.
Most Art in Tanzania volunteers live and work in Madale village, Dar es Salaam. Other volunteers may live and work in Moshi, Kilimanjaro at Fuoni village, or in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
College degrees are not a requirement to do volunteer work, and many of our volunteers are current students earning their degree. We work to give all participants the best volunteer experience possible while working in Africa. Volunteers commonly assist our charities in sectors such as education, social programs including Children's Agenda supported by UNICEF, Medical and Health Professions, HIV-AIDS Awareness, construction, sustainability, arts and music, dance, multimedia, filmmaking, sports and more.
Volunteering with us helps you earn experience in community development in a developing country. Many of our volunteers take away skills that have long-standing positive effects on their career choices and professional abilities.
If you plan to volunteer as a group, it is good to plan your work before arriving in Tanzania. For example, a new school building project or renovating classrooms.
Bringing Gifts and Donations to Tanzania
Bringing Other Traditional Gifts and Donations
- Second-hand laptops are needed to support our computer classes in local schools.
- Second-hand children's clothing and toys also needed.
- Winter time clothes are especially needed in the highland areas of Tanzania, such as Kilimanjaro.
- Stationaries in school are needed, but please note these things are often cheaper in Tanzania and can be bought when you arrive.
- Donations are not mandatory and are optional during your visit.
More than 15 Years of Experience
We have been working with the communities in Tanzania for more than 15 years, and local populations are thankful for our community and cultural partnerships. We accept volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. You do not need a college degree, or academic credentialing. You can be young or old, it does not matter. The only thing that matters is a commitment to the local communities to help in some small way. We are here to help you complete your project and have the adventure of a lifetime.
Volunteering is free. Your personal costs are as follows:
- International flights
- Volunteer permit (immigration)
- Community Compounds are our easy and low-cost solution.
- Access to low-cost safaris, tours, and our Mt Kilimanjaro climbs (including discounts for your friends and family)
University Paid Internships
Art in Tanzania is recruiting interns for paid internship positions in several specific programs. Due to some university and governemnt partnership policies, terms and conditions for paid internship positions are different from non-paid positions.
- Participants are compensated with fees following the Tanzanian National Minimum Wage Policy.
- Recruited Interns do not pay any program fees.
- In country-related work such as transfers and similar costs are covered by us.
Personal Costs Include:
- VISA and Permits
- Entry VISA (Tourists VISA) to Tanzania, 50 USD except for Irish and USA citizens who pay 100USD for multiple entries
- The student permits are 250USD, plus 30USD for printing and delivery costs.
- We process all permits before arrival to Tanzania, and you upload may immigration documents to your AIT account.
- NOTE: Some university policies may not allow AIT to pay the Tanzania government on your behalf, and you will need to pay for your permits when you arrive in Tanzania.
- Meal options--please inquire about our meal choices.
- International and local flights to reach your work placement inTanzania.
You gain access to special fare safaris and tours, and our Mt Kilimanjaro climbs as an added bonus. You can also invite your friends and relatives at the same pricing. Special fares are in place to show appreciation for your help for to assisted Tanzanian communities.
Oletko sinä etsimämme yli 50-vuotias nainen? Sinulla on leveä hymy, suuri sydän sekä reipas ja ennakkoluuloton asenne? Olet reissannut myös Euroopan ulkopuolella ja puhut sujuvaa englantia?
Tarjoamme sinulle vapaaehtoistyötä Tansaniassa 6 kuukaudeksi! Etsimme vapaaehtoistyöntekijää kahdelle puolen vuoden työjaksolle, joista toinen sijoittuu syys-helmikuuhun 2015 ja toinen helmi-elokuulle 2016. Voit hakea myös molemmille jaksoille.
Päätehtävänä on huolehtia vapaaehtoisten hyvinvoinnista Dar es Salaamin vapaaehtoistalolla yhdessä muun henkilökunnan kanssa:
- auttaa vapaaehtoisia sopeutumaan elämään ja vapaaehtoistyöhön Afrikassa ja tarjota neuvoja ongelmatilanteissa kuten sairastapauksissa, koti-ikävässä, kultuurishokissa jne.
- kuunnella vapaaehtoisten palautetta ja auttaa paikallista henkilökuntaa ratkaisemaan päivittäisiä haasteita kuten ruokailujen organisointi, erityisruokavalioiden toteuteutus, siivousjärjestelyt, projekteihin liikkuminen ja projektitöiden sopivuus
- auttaa pitämään huolta vapaaehtoisten yleisestä viihtyvyydestä Dar es Salaamissa
Lisäksi toivomme apua erilaisissa arkisissa organisointi- ja toimistotöissä sekä Mama Mkubwa -naisprojektin kakkosvaiheen vetämisessä.
Hakuaika tehtävään alkaa 24.5. ja päättyy 28.6.. Hakuprosessin yksityiskohdat julkaistaan hakuajan alettua.
Lisätietoja tehtävästä saat meilaamalla osoitteeseen info [at] artintanzania.org.
Art in Tanzania is making photographing safaris to all National Parks and Forest Areas in Tanzania as well as to Zanzibar. We tailor the programs according to the interest of the participants as well as the season. You can select programs for example to photograph the Great Migration in Serengeti being at it's best on August to end of September. Thereon those interested of photographing birds we can select timing when the number of migrating birds is at it's peak.
For people who just wish to highlight the photographing during their safari we can select the locations with beautiful sceneries and we drive slowly with long stops to secure that you get great photographs to show back home.