The Children's Agenda Program
Art in Tanzania: Children's Agenda Program
The Children's Agenda partnership run by UNICEF and several NGOs in Tanzania offer various internship and volunteering opportunities for Tanzanian participants.
Art in Tanzania has implemented programs in Zanzibar Stone Town, Kinondoni District in Dar es Salaam, and in Moshi at Mount Kilimanjaro. Our Children's Agenda partnership program needs a large number of volunteers and interns in sectors of:
- Social Work (program planning, implementation, reporting, and training)
- Education (Teachers)
- Health & Medical & HIV AIDS (all areas of the medical & health profession)
- Social Media (Journalism, Photography, Filmmaking, Music, Sound design)
- Program Management (Development Studies, NGO networking, and support)
- Grant Writing (to assist with program funding)
Our program offers participants an excellent opportunity to learn how NGOs work in a developing country. The Children's Agenda NGO coalition includes organizations such as UNICEF, the United Nations (UN) Information Centre, Plan International, Save the Children, SOS International, World Vision and more. Our NGO partners network to support each other to implement Children's Agenda projects and activities. The Chairperson of the program is the Ministry of Development, Gender, and Children Tanzania.
Art in Tanzania works jointly with the partner NGOs and local governments, as well as, Universities including University of Dar es Salaam, University of Moshi, and several Finnish Universities.
About The Children's Agenda
The Children's Agenda is a coalition of organizations, government, and other partners who are committed to advocates for children rights. The coalition also actively collaborates, develops and implements a national advocacy strategy for child rights in Tanzania. Collaboration can also help to ensure national reach and impact of the child advocacy agenda. Through the resulted work, child rights are often advocated through partnerships with governments, civil society organizations, development partners, the media and in the private sector. The TOP Ten Investments for the Children Agenda define the core messages and focus of the Children's Agenda. The Top Ten Investments include
1. Invest to Save the Lives of the Children and Women
2. Invest in Good Nutrition
3. Invest in Better Hygiene and Sanitation in Schools and Health Facilities
4. Invest in Early Childhood Development
5. Invest in Quality Education for All Children
6. Invest to Make Schools Safe
7. Invest to Protect Infants and Adolescent Girls from HIV
8. Invest to Reduce Teenage Pregnancy
9. Invest to Protect Children from Violence, Abuse, and Exploitation
10. Invest to Children Disabilities
Learn more about UNICEF projects in Tanzania!